The Lowy Biorepository has the knowledge and infrastructure to provide a complete service for the life cycle of your specimens.
- Planning: Collection Protocols tailored to your specimen requirements are set up in conjunction with the Biorepository Manager.
- Collection/Processing: Thorough, consistently applied standard operating procedures are in place to ensure dependable and reproducible specimen processing. These processes can be tailored to your Collection Protocol requirements.
- Storage: Integrated management of specimens, including a complete chain of custody once the specimen enters the secure Lowy Biorepository facility and storage in temperature-controlled equipment which is monitored and linked to an alert system to ensure continuous protection.
- Retrieval: Specimens requested through the Lowy Biorepository are retrieved and dispatched within 48 hours with cold chain logistics put in place to ensure temperature-sensitive samples are constantly monitored and properly packaged during handling and shipping. The Lowy Biorepository facility is located adjacent to a secure area for the receipt and shipping of specimens.
- Disposal: We offer a specimen destruction service for closing studies for which we have maintained a Collection Protocol, or for those specimens which are no longer able to be stored or used.
We also offer a research grant application assistance service, for researchers requiring costs of biospecimens and associated health data for inclusion in their grant applications. Visit our grant assistance page for further details.